Monday 14 November 2011

Welcome!

Hi there! I'm an academic working in the fields of media, communications and literary studies, at Monash and Deakin universities, and I'll be sharing my academic-eye views here on current media issues and anything else that crosses my radar. I take 'media' in the broad sense, covering literature, film, music etc. Don't worry if you're not overly into academia - I won't be cluttering up this blog with jargon or fancy theories to make myself look smart. That's really not helpful.

I wrote my PhD on the representation of footballers and sexual assault in the media, so don't be surprised if posts about rape and sex pop up here fairly regularly. Gender, law, fantasy and sci-fi literature and film, sport, children's media and social media are all my areas of research and interest, and may be the subject of future posts, so stay tuned!

Lately, I've been thinking about how the issue of 'sex slavery' is portrayed in the media, and reading some fantasy literature that's got me itching to write, so look out for those in coming weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment